“Delivering the Content and Skills to Win UIL State”
We guarantee to help your students in the process of:
- discovering the techniques for winning delivery
- understanding the content of domestic and international events
- exploring word color and imagery to engage every audience
- analyzing complex interrelationships in world events
- learning the art of persuasion
- determining organizational structure for effective communication
- researching an effective extemporaneous speech
- preparing the extemp files for maximum efficiency
- writing effective introductions and transitions
- practicing vocal variety and nonverbal expression
- selecting the unique performance style for each speaker
- facing the fear of performing
- expanding meaning through informative and persuasive speaking
Thousands of students compete in Informative Speaking and Persuasive Speaking events each year. TCG offers students the opportunity to spend six days studying the content, physical delivery, vocal delivery, and language style that makes a UIL State Champion. Our UIL State Champion coaches will help students learn the fundamentals and the advanced skills that are required to become a State Champion speaker. We do not take for granted that Informative Speaking and Persuasive Speaking are the same events and students may choose to emphasize one event or both events. Every student will go home with a well researched, up to date extemp file ready for competition. Students will perform in a student show case on Friday with written critiques from experts in the field. Additionally, this year students may also choose a “minor” class to take each evening to expand their repertoire of UIL events. Students may choose to stay in their major area each evening with intense focus on their main event or students may choose between Poetry, Prose, and Lincoln-Douglas Debate, as a minor. Our goal is to offer each student the opportunity to learn and practice the keys to becoming a UIL State Champion Speaker.
Apply now for the Extemporaneous Speaking Institute!
The Championship Debate Group offers both commuter and residential options. The costs are as follows:
Residential Cost: $675
Commuter Cost: $475
Deadline for registration and payment is June 15, 2013. The Championship Debate Group only accepts checks and money orders.